Here are some web resources to find out more about Asperger Syndrome and to investigate topics of getting a diagnosis, relationships, employment, housing, independent living skills, and more. Your questions may be answered here:
- If you are considering a diagnosis or are interested in resources around the Portland area, please check out our provider’s page
- AANE: Asperger/Autism Network of New England: This is one of the first groups in the country made up of adults, professionals, parents, and educators. it provides information, education and support. It is a gold mine. Here is a list of helpful articles: (Note the web mistress has positive bias to this site as she has established connections with the organization).
- ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network): This group, headquartered in Washington D C, advocates for the autistic community. The published articles and guides are very well researched and edited.
- Autism Society of Oregon: Here is a helpful resource list: including a directory of professionals in the area
- Alex Plank’s: “Wrong Planet”. is a very loosely edited but valuable site that has been around for a long time. He’s now doing stuff in Southern California
- Specialisterne: This is a group from Denmark working with folks along the autistic spectrum towards employment and related training, primarily in the New York City metro area.
- We have a Autism and Asperger Tool-Kit if you need to communicate to others your condition.
- For Employment Resources check out this page
- Great Things About Having Autism